Find an Expert
- Arthroplasty/Joint Replacement
- Basic Research
- Foot & Ankle
- Intervertebral Disc
- Minimally Invasive Surgery
- Orthopaedic Oncology
- Orthotics & Prosthetics
- Skeletal Health
- Sports Medicine
- Stem Cells
- Surgical Navigation/Robotics
- Trauma & Problem Fractures
Carlin Senter, MD
Dr. Senter received her undergraduate degree from Harvard University. She completed her medical degree at the David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, followed by residency training in Internal Medicine at the University of Washington in Seattle. Dr. Senter has completed two fellowship training programs, the first in Medical Education from the David Geffen School of Medicine, and the second in Primary Care Sports Medicine from the UCLA Division of Sports Medicine in Los Angeles, CA.
Board certified in Internal Medicine, Dr. Senter's clinical focus is caring for and preventing sports injuries in order to help patients of all ages stay active. She is particularly interested in concussion, stress fracture, and the female athlete triad. She is a former collegiate rower with an avid interest in team sports, and has served as team physician for UCLA football, women's crew, men's water polo, women's swimming and diving and women's golf. Her current research focuses on musculoskeletal medical education in primary care.
Career2010 - Present, Assistant Clinical Professor
- 1999: BA, Cum Laude, Harvard University, Cambridge, MA
- 2004: MD, The David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, CA
- 2008: Internal Medicine Residency, University of Washington, Seattle, WA
- 2010: Fellow, Medical Education, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, CA
- 2010: Fellow, Primary Care Sports Medicine, UCLA Family Medicine, Division of Sports Medicine, Los Angeles, CA
- 2008-present, Musculoskeletal medicine knowledge in second-year medical students - Assessment of retention of musculoskeletal knowledge in second-year medical students using a multiple-choice test, survey, and new musculoskeletal Objective Structured Clinical Examination.
- Spring 2004, Neurometabolic and neuropsychologic changes following concussion
- Senter C, DiFiori JP. Distal Radius Stress Fracture in a Collegiate Diver. Accepted for case presentation at American College of Sports Medicine annual conference, May 2009. Abstract to be published in Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise.
- Senter C, Gillespie H. Traumatic Vision Loss in a Soccer Player. Accepted for poster presentation at American Medical Society for Sports Medicine annual conference, April 2009.
- 1997, 1998, 1999, John Harvard and Elizabeth Cary Aggassiz Scholarships, Harvard University, Cambridge, MA
- 2001, Letter of Distinction in Doctoring I, UCLA School of Medicine, Los Angeles, CA
Membership & Committees
- American College of Physicians
- American Medical Society for Sports Medicine
- American College of Sports Medicine