Find an Expert
- Arthroplasty/Joint Replacement
- Basic Research
- Foot & Ankle
- Intervertebral Disc
- Minimally Invasive Surgery
- Orthopaedic Oncology
- Orthotics & Prosthetics
- Skeletal Health
- Sports Medicine
- Stem Cells
- Surgical Navigation/Robotics
- Trauma & Problem Fractures
Eliana Delgado, MD, MPH
Dr. Eliana Delgado, a former nurse, has specialized training in treating children's bone disorders. Dr. Delgado received her undergraduate degrees from the College of San Mateo and San Francisco State University in California, followed by a graduate degree at the University of California, Berkeley. She earned her medical degree from UCSF, where she also completed her orthopedic surgery residency.
She was a trauma doctor at San Francisco General Hospital before serving a paediatric orthopaedic fellowship at St. Louis Shriners' Hospital in St. Louis, Mo. She joined UCSF Medical Center in 1989.
- 1993 - Present: Pediatric Orthopaedic Surgeon, St. Louis Children?s Hospital, St. Louis, MO.
- 1993 - Present: Assistant Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery, Washington University School of Medicine, St. Louis, MO.
- 1992 - Present: Staff Surgeon, Shriners Hospital, St. Louis, MO.
- 1992: Instructor of Orthopaedic Surgery, Washington University School of Medicine, St. Louis, MO.
- 1990: Present Assistant Clinical Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of California, San Francisco.
- 1989: Present Staff Surgeon, Shriners Hospital, San Francisco, CA
- 1989 - 1990: Clinical Instructor of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of California, San Francisco.
- 1972: BA, Philosophy & Religion, San Francisco State University
- 1974: AA, Nursing, College of San Mateo
- 1977: BS, Medical Science, San Francisco State University
- 1982: MA, Public Health, University of California, Berkeley
- 1982: MD, University of California, San Francisco
- 1978 - 1989: Residency, Orthopaedic Surgery, University of California, San Francisco
- 1989 - 1990: Trauma Fellowship, San Francisco General Hospital
- 1992 - 1993: Pediatric Orthopaedic Fellowship, St. Louis Shriners Hospital, St. Louis, MO
- Periacetabular osteotomy in the treatment of severe acetabular dysplasia. Surgical technique. J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2006 Mar; 88 Suppl 1 Pt 1:65-83. PubMed
- Periacetabular osteotomy for the treatment of severe acetabular dysplasia. J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2005 Feb; 87(2):254-9. PubMed
- Occult spinal cord abnormalities in children referred for orthopedic complaints. Am J Orthop (Belle Mead NJ). 2004 Jan; 33(1):18-25. PubMed
- Medial translation of the hip joint center associated with the Bernese periacetabular osteotomy. Iowa Orthop J. 2004; 24:43-8. PubMed
- Musculoskeletal manifestations of Hurler syndrome: long-term follow-up after bone marrow transplantation. J Pediatr Orthop. 2004 Jan-Feb; 24(1):97-101. PubMed
- Cultural competence: serving Latino patients. J Pediatr Orthop. 2003 Jul-Aug; 23(4):546-9. PubMed
- Magnetic resonance arthrography in children with developmental hip dysplasia. Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2000 May; (374):235-46. PubMed
- Unreamed rod with early wound closure for grade IIIA and IIIB open tibial fractures: analysis of 40 consecutive patients. Orthopedics. 1998 May; 21(5):531-5. PubMed
- Pemberton pelvic osteotomy and varus rotational osteotomy in the treatment of acetabular dysplasia in patients who have static encephalopathy. J Bone Joint Surg Am. 1996 Dec; 78(12):1863-71. PubMed
- Treatment of severe torsional malalignment syndrome. J Pediatr Orthop. 1996 Jul-Aug; 16(4):484-8. PubMed
- Innovative Management of Club Feet
- Management of Hip Dysplasia in Patients with Spina Bifida
- Hip Stabilization in Cerebral Palsy
- Postoperative Management of Children with Spasticity
- Tarsal Coalition: 10 Year Experience
- Clubfoot Deformities in Spina Bifida
- Torsional Misalignment
Membership & Committees
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- American Medical Association
- American Medical Women?s Association
- American Public Health Association
- American Red Cross
- California Medical Association
- California Nurses Association
- Missouri State Medical Society
- Missouri State Orthopaedic Association
- Pediatric Orthopaedic Society of North America
- United Cerebral Palsy Association