Find an Expert
- Arthroplasty/Joint Replacement
- Basic Research
- Foot & Ankle
- Intervertebral Disc
- Minimally Invasive Surgery
- Orthopaedic Oncology
- Orthotics & Prosthetics
- Skeletal Health
- Sports Medicine
- Stem Cells
- Surgical Navigation/Robotics
- Trauma & Problem Fractures
BiographyChaganti earned a medical degree and completed an internal medicine residency at Temple University Hospital in Philadelphia. She completed a rheumatology fellowship at the Hospital for Special Surgery / New York Presbyterian Weill Cornell Medical College. She also completed a masters degree at Columbia University's School of Public Health. During her fellowship, she received an ACR Physician-Scientist Development Award to support her research of risk factors associated with hip osteoarthritis development.
- 1999, M.D., Temple University School of Medicine, Philadelphia
- 2002, Residency, Internal Medicine, Temple University, Philadelphia
- 2006, Fellowship, Rheumatology, Hospital for Special Surgery, New York
- Wahl E, Gross A, Chernitskiy V, Trupin L, Gensler L, Chaganti K, Michaud K, Katz P, Yazdany J. Validity and Responsiveness of a 10-Item Patient-Reported Measure of Physical Function in a Rheumatoid Arthritis Clinic Population. Arthritis Care Res (Hoboken). 2017 Mar; 69(3):338-346. PubMed
- Gutierrez LB, Link T, Chaganti K, Motamedi D. Arterial calcification due to CD73 deficiency (ACDC): imaging manifestations of ectopic mineralization. Skeletal Radiol. 2016 Aug 26. PubMed
- Markello TC, Pak LK, St Hilaire C, Dorward H, Ziegler SG, Chen MY, Chaganti K, Nussbaum RL, Boehm M, Gahl WA. Vascular pathology of medial arterial calcifications in NT5E deficiency: implications for the role of adenosine in pseudoxanthoma elasticum. Mol Genet Metab. 2011 May; 103(1):44-50. PubMed
NEWS & EVENTS
2016-2017: Important Dates for UCSF Orthopaedic Surgery November 2016 UCSF Spinal Surgery...
We are pleased to announce the Bay Area Global Health...
Our Walnut Creek Sports Medicine Center is featured in this...