Find an Expert
- Arthroplasty/Joint Replacement
- Basic Research
- Foot & Ankle
- Intervertebral Disc
- Minimally Invasive Surgery
- Orthopaedic Oncology
- Orthotics & Prosthetics
- Skeletal Health
- Sports Medicine
- Stem Cells
- Surgical Navigation/Robotics
- Trauma & Problem Fractures
Monara Dini, DPM
Dr. Monara Dini, D.P.M., is one of the treating physicians at SFGH/UCSF in the Department of Orthopedics and specializes in treating lower extremity wounds in patients at high risk of amputation, forefoot reconstruction and sports medicine.
Dr. Dini received her B.A. in Molecular & Cellular Biology from UC Berkeley in 2003, and went on to graduate from the California College of Podiatric Medicine in 2008 with a Doctor of Podiatric Medicine degree. She then completed a three-year residency in podiatric surgery at St. Mary's Medical Center in San Francisco.
Dr. Dini has served as the Chief of Podiatry in the Department of Orthopaedic Surgery since 2011. She is also an Assistant Clinical Professor at the California School of Podiatric Medicine at Samuel Merritt University.
Dr. Dini is a member of numerous professional associations such as the American Podiatric Medical Association (APMA), Associate member of the American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons (ACFAS), California Podiatric Medical Association (CPMA), and the Association for the Advancement of Wound Care (AAWC).
- St. Mary’s Medical Center PM&S 36, Foot and Ankle Surgery Residency, San Francisco, CA
- July 2008 - June 2009, PGY-I Surgical Internship
- PGY-II/III (Chief) Foot and Ankle Surgery: July 2009 - June 2011
- California School of Podiatric Medicine at Samuel Merritt University, Oakland CA, Doctor of Podiatric Medicine May 2008
- B.A., Molecular and Cell Biology, UC Berkeley, Berkeley CA
- Burns, A., Cazzell, S.M., & Dini, M. (In progress). Radiographic Analysis and Patient Satisfaction Following First Metatarsophalangeal Joint Arthrodesis via the OSStaple.
- Cazzell, S.M., Dini, M., & Dobbs, B. (Submitted for Publication). A Case Report: A Distal Tibial Osteotomy for Increased Exposure of a Central Talar Dome Lesion with Incorporation of a Talar Allograft.
- Gerbert, J., Cazzell, S.M., & Dini, M. (Submitted for Publication). The Functional Implications of Ankle Joint Position on First Metatarsophalangeal Joint Range of Motion.
- Gerbert, J., & Cazzell, S.M., & Dini, M. (In progress). The Clinical Significance of First Ray Elevatus as Seen on Lateral Radiograph Using the Horton Index.
- Gerbert, J., Dini, M., & Cazzell, S.M. (In Progress). Utilization of Plantar Axial Views in Forefoot Surgery.
- Gerbert, J., Cazzell, S.M., & Dini, M. (In Progress). Correlation Between Fibular Sesamoid Excision and Resultant Hallux Varus.
- Recipient of Dean’s Scholarship, CSPM 2004-2008
- Member Pi Delta National Honor’s Society
Membership & Committees
- American Podiatric Medical Association, Resident Member
- American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons, Resident Member
- American College of Foot and Ankle Orthopedics and Medicine, Resident Member