Find an Expert
- Arthroplasty/Joint Replacement
- Basic Research
- Foot & Ankle
- Intervertebral Disc
- Minimally Invasive Surgery
- Orthotics & Prosthetics
- Skeletal Health
- Sports Medicine
- Stem Cells
- Surgical Navigation/Robotics
- Trauma & Problem Fractures
Rosanna Wustrack MD
Assistant Professor of Clinical Orthopaedics
- 2013-Present: Assistant Professor, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of California San Francisco
- 1995-1999: B.A., Biology, Yale University, New Haven, CT
- 2002-2006: M.D., Washington University School of Medicine, St. Louis, MO
- 2006-2007: Intern, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA
- 2007-2012: Resident, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of California San Francisco
- 2012-2013: Fellow, Musculoskeletal Oncology, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, NY, NY
- Napoli N, Schwartz AV, Palermo L, Jin JJ, Wustrack R, Cauley JA, Ensrud KE, Kelly M, Black DM. Risk factors for subtrochanteric and diaphyseal fractures: the study of osteoporotic fractures. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2013 Feb; 98(2):659-67. PubMed
- Metz LN, Wustrack R, Lovell AF, Sawyer AJ. Infectious, inflammatory, and metabolic diseases affecting the athlete's spine. Clin Sports Med. 2012 Jul; 31(3):535-67. PubMed
- Napoli N, Jin J, Peters K, Wustrack R, Burch S, Chau A, Cauley J, Ensrud K, Kelly M, Black DM. Are women with thicker cortices in the femoral shaft at higher risk of subtrochanteric/diaphyseal fractures? The study of osteoporotic fractures. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2012 Jul; 97(7):2414-22. PubMed
- Pedtke AC, Wustrack RL, Fang AS, Grimer RJ, O'Donnell RJ. Aseptic failure: how does the Compress(®) implant compare to cemented stems? Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2012 Mar; 470(3):735-42. PubMed
- Wustrack R, Seeman E, Bucci-Rechtweg C, Burch S, Palermo L, Black DM. Predictors of new and severe vertebral fractures: results from the HORIZON Pivotal Fracture Trial. Osteoporos Int. 2012 Jan; 23(1):53-8. PubMed
- Gomberg SJ, Wustrack RL, Napoli N, Arnaud CD, Black DM. Teriparatide, vitamin D, and calcium healed bilateral subtrochanteric stress fractures in a postmenopausal woman with a 13-year history of continuous alendronate therapy. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2011 Jun; 96(6):1627-32. PubMed
- May 1-2, 2009; Osseointegration Society Meeting, San Francisco, CA, Wustrack, RL, O'Donnell, R: Compressive Osseointegration of Proximal Femoral Endoprostheses for Massive Oncologic Reconstruction. Longer term follow-up results presented at the 2010 OSOS Meeting, Gothenburg, Sweden. September 3, 2010.
- September 3, 2010, Osseointegration Society Meeting, Gothenburg, Sweden. Wustrack, RL, O'Donnell, R: Compressive Osseointegration for Giant Cell Tumor of the Distal Femur.
- Apr 13-17, 2010, International Society for the Study of the Lumbar Spine annual meeting, Auckland, New Zealand. Wustrack RL, Burch S, Mesenbrink P, Seeman E, Bucci-Rechtweg C, Palermo L, Black D: Preexisting, as well as recent, vertebral fractures strongly predict new Vertebral Fractures: results from a large, international RCT in osteoporotic women.
- April 8-9, 2010, Lumbar Spine Research Society annual meeting; Chicago, IL, Wustrack R, Rocha S, Burch S: Pre-operative Activity Levels do not correlate to Self-Reported Scores in Patients with Lumbar Spine Disorders.
- October 1, 2010, Musculoskeletal Tumor Society, Philadelphia. Wustrack RL, O'Donnell R: Compressive Osseointegration of Proximal 12. Femoral Endoprosthesis for Massive Oncologic Reconstruction.
- February 16, 2011, AAOS Annual Meeting, San Diego, CA, Wustrack RL, Napoli N, Seeman E, Bucci-Rechtweg C, Palermo L, Black D: Impact of Zoledronic Acid in Severe Vertebral Fractures: Results from HORIZON-Pivotal Fracture Trial.
- February 16, 2011, AAOS Annual Meeting. San Diego, CA, Wustrack RL, Ramirez G, Burch S: Pre-Operative Activity Levels Do Not Correlate to Self-Reported Scores in Lumbar Spine Disorders.
- May 25, 2011, OREF/ORS Southwest Resident Research Symposium; San Diego, CA, Wustrack RL, Ramirez G, Burch S: Early Change in Activity Levels Following Surgery for Lumbar Spinal Stenosis.
- April 26, 2012, LSRS Annual Meeting; Chicago, IL, Wustrack RL, Ramirez G, Burch S: Change in Physical Activity One Year after Lumbar Decompression with or without Fusion.
- April 26, 2012, LSRS Annual Meeting. Chicago, IL, Wustrack RL, Ramirez G, Burch S: Pre-Operative Activity Levels Do Not Correlate to Self-Reported Scores in Lumbar Spine Disorders.
Grants and Awards
- 2002 Distinguished Student Merit Scholarship, Washington University School of Medicine.
- 2004 Class of 2002 Award, Washington University School of Medicine
- 2008 Mauer Award for Best Junior Resident, UCSF Department Orthopedic Surgery
- 2010 2nd Place Resident Paper Award, 55th Annual LeRoy Abbott Society Scientific Program, UCSF Department Orthopedic Surgery
- 2011 1st Place Clinical Science Resident Research Symposium, 3rd Annual OREF/ORS Southwest Regional Resident Research Symposium
- 2012 Outstanding Resident Paper Award, 3rd Annual Lumbar Spine Research Society Meeting
- 2012 Resident Paper Award, Western Orthopedic Association 76th Annual Meeting
- 2012 Mauer Award for Best Chief Resident, UCSF Department Orthopedic Surgery
Membership & Committees
- 2011-Present: Orthopedic Surgical Osseointegration Society
- 2012-Present: Musculoskeletal Tumor Society
NEWS & EVENTS
According to an article in Medscape, patients may see improvement...
Registration is open for the 9th Annual UCSF Spine Symposium...
We are very fortunate to have such amazing and skilled...