Find an Expert
- Arthroplasty/Joint Replacement
- Basic Research
- Foot & Ankle
- Intervertebral Disc
- Minimally Invasive Surgery
- Orthotics and Prosthetics
- Skeletal Health
- Sports Medicine
- Stem Cells
- Surgical Navigation/Robotics
- 2009-Present: Associate Professor, Director of Clinical Outcomes, University of California San Francisco
- 2005-2009, Associate Professor, Saint Louis University
- 2004-2005: Director, Health Outcomes Research, Saint Louis University
- 2001-2004: Associate Professor of Pathology, UCLA
- 1997- 2000: Associate Research Scientist, UCLA
- 1995- 1997: Visiting Assistant Professor , UCLA
- 1984- 1995: Computer systems analyst, UCLA
- 1977-1984: Histocompatibility specialist, UCLA
- 1979: B.S., University of California, Los Angeles
- 1995: Ph.D., Toho University, Tokyo, Japan
- Takemoto SK, Arns W, Bunnapradist S, Garrison LP, Guirado L, Kalo Z, Oniscu G, Opelz G, Scolari MP, Stefoni S, Yaqoob M, Brennan DC. Expanding the evidence base in transplantation: the complementary roles of randomized controlled trials and outcomes research. Transplantation, 2008
- Schnitzler MA, Burroughs TE, Takemoto SK,. Kidney Transplantation Cost Analysis. Living Donor Organ Transplantation. Gruessner R, Benedetti E (eds); 2008:364-8.
- Shaker M, Lobb A, Jenkins P, O'Rourke D, Takemoto SK, Sheth S. An economic analysis of aspirin desensitization in aspirin-exacerbated respiratory disease. J Allergy Clin Immunol 2008;121(1):81-87.
- Philipneri MD, Rocca Rey LA, Schnitzler MA, Abbott KC, Brennan DC, Takemoto SKl. Delivery patterns of recommended chronic kidney disease care in clinical practice: administrative claims-based analysis and systematic literature review. Clin Exp Nephrol 2008;12(1):41-52.
- Neri L, Rey LA, Pinsky BW, Lentine KL, Salvalaggio PR, Machnicki G et al. Increased Risk of Graft Failure in Kidney Transplant Recipients After a Diagnosis of Dyspepsia or Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease. Transplantation 2008;85(3):344-352.
- Bunnapradist S, Neri L, Wong W, Lentine KL, Burroughs TE, Pinsky BW et al. Incidence and risk factors for diarrhea following kidney transplantation and association with graft loss and mortality. Am J Kidney Dis 2008;51(3):478-486.
- Wade JA, Hurley CK, Takemoto SK, Thompson J, Davies SM, Fuller TC et al. HLA mismatching within or outside of cross-reactive groups (CREGs) is associated with similar outcomes after unrelated hematopoietic stem cell transplantation. Blood 2007;109(9):4064-4070.
- Takemoto SK, Pinsky BW, Schnitzler MA, Lentine KL, Willoughby LM, Burroughs TE et al. A retrospective analysis of immunosuppression compliance, dose reduction and discontinuation in kidney transplant recipients. Am J Transplant 2007;7(12):2704-2711.
- Schnitzler MA, Salvalaggio PR, Axelrod DA, Lentine KL, Takemoto SK. Lack of interventional studies in renal transplant candidates with elevated cardiovascular risk. Am J Transplant 2007;7(3):493-494.
- Burroughs TE, Lentine KL, Takemoto SK, Swindle J, Machnicki G, Hardinger K et al. Influence of early posttransplantation prednisone and calcineurin inhibitor dosages on the incidence of new-onset diabetes. Clin J Am Soc Nephrol 2007;2(3):517-523.
- Burroughs TE, Swindle J, Takemoto S, et al. Diabetic complications associated with new-onset diabetes mellitus in renal transplant recipients. Transplantation 2007; 83 (8): 1027.
- Aydingoz SE, Takemoto SK, Pinsky BW, et al. The impact of human leukocyte antigen matching on transplant complications and immunosuppression dosage. Hum Immunol 2007; 68 (6): 491.
- Willoughby LM, Fukami S, Bunnapradist S, et al. Health insurance considerations for adolescent transplant recipients as they transition to adulthood. Pediatr Transplant 2007; 11 (2): 127.
- Salvalaggio PR, Schnitzler MA, Abbott KC, et al. Patient and graft survival implications of simultaneous pancreas kidney transplantation from old donors. Am J Transplant 2007; 7 (6): 1561.
- Bunnapradist S, Chung P, Peng A, et al. Outcomes of renal transplantation for recipients with lupus nephritis: analysis of the Organ Procurement and Transplantation Network database. Transplantation 2006; 82 (5): 612.
- Schnitzler, M.A., Salvalaggio, P.R., Axelrod, D.A., Lentine, K.L., Takemoto, S.K., Lack of Interventional Studies in Renal Transplant Candidates with Elevated Cardiovascular Risk. American Journal of Transplantation. 2006; 7: 1-2.
- Stirnemann, P.M., Takemoto, S.K., Schnitzler, M.A., Brennan, D.C., Abbott, K.C., Salvalaggio, P., Burroughs, T.E., Gavard, J.A., Willoughby, L.M., Lentine, K.L. Agreement of Immunosuppression Regimens Described in Medicare Pharmacy Claims with the Organ Procurement and Transplantation Network Survey. Journal of the American Society of Nephrology 2006, 17: 2299-2306.
- Kobashigawa JA, Patel J, Furukawa H, et al. Five-year results of a randomized, single-center study of tacrolimus vs microemulsion cyclosporine in heart transplant patients. J Heart Lung Transplant 2006; 25 (4): 434.
- Schnitzler MA, Takemoto SK, Lentine KL, Burroughs TE. Kidney Transplantation Costs. Living Donor Organ Transplantation. Rainer Gruessner (ed); 2006.
- Machnicki G, Pinsky B, Takemoto S, Lentine K, Willoughby L, Bunnapradist S, Burroughs T, Schnitzler MA. Application of Diagnostic Classification Algorithms to Identify the Most Common Causes of Post-transplant Complications. Clinical Transplants 2005, Michael Cecka and Paul Terasaki (eds); 2006:57-67.
- Kobashigawa JA, Patel J, Furukawa H, et al. Five-year results of a randomized, single-center study of tacrolimus vs microemulsion cyclosporine in heart transplant patients. J Heart Lung Transplant April 2006;25(4):434-9.
- Lentine KL, Schnitzler MA, Abbott KC, Li L, Xiao H, Burroughs TE, Takemoto SK, Willoughby LM, Gavard JA, Brennan DC. Incidence, Predictors and Associated Outcomes of Atrial Fibrillation after Kidney Transplantation. Clin J Am Soc Nephrol. December 2005;1:288-296.
- Bunnapradist S, Takemoto SK. Multivariate analysis of antibody induction therapy and their associated outcomes in deceased donor transplants. Transplant Proc. March 2005;37(2):889-91.
- Bunnapradist S, Hong A, Lee B, Takemoto SK. Multivariate analysis of the effectiveness of using antibody induction therapy according to the degree of HLA mismatches. Transplant Proceedings. March 2005;37(2):886-8.
- Takemoto SK, Zeevi A, Feng S, et al. National conference to assess antibody-mediated rejection in solid organ transplantation. Am J Transplant 2004;4(7):1033-41.
Membership & Committees
- American Society of Transplantation (AST)
- American Society of Histocompatibility and Immunogenetics
- European Foundation of Immunogenetics
- European Society of Transplantation
- International Society of Pharmacoeconomics and Outcomes Research
- International Transplant Society
- Scientific Registry of Transplant Recipients
- United Network for Organ Sharing (UNOS)
NEWS & EVENTS
Dr. Christina Allen will be supporting the U.S. Taekwondo team...
UCSF's Groundbreaking Procedure Treats Pectus Excavatum Six months ago Justin Rosales’s...