Find an Expert
- Arthroplasty/Joint Replacement
- Basic Research
- Foot & Ankle
- Intervertebral Disc
- Minimally Invasive Surgery
- Orthotics and Prosthetics
- Skeletal Health
- Sports Medicine
- Stem Cells
- Surgical Navigation/Robotics
Dr. Lisa Lattanza's clinical interests include reconstruction of the adult and pediatric arm. She has special interest in congenital problems and post-traumatic elbow reconstruction. She is currently involved in research on the biomechanics of the elbow, congenital elbow problems and flexor tendon rehabilitation.
Lattanza, who joined UCSF Medical Center in 1999, received her medical degree from the Medical College of Ohio in Toledo. After completing her residency in orthopedic surgery at the University of Missouri, Kansas City, she served as a fellow in hand surgery at Roosevelt Hospital, Columbia College of Physicians and Surgeons in New York. She also finished additional fellowship training in congenital hand problems at Texas Scottish Rite Hospital for Children in Dallas.
- 2002-Present: Assistant Adjunct Professor, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA
- 2002-Present: Clinical Consultant, Shriner's Hospital of Northern California, Sacramento, CA
- 1999-2001: Clinical Instructor, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA
- 1990-1991: Instructor, School of Allied Health, Medical College of Toledo, Toledo, Ohio
- 1987-1990: Research and Clinical Physical Therapist, Centinela Hospital, Inglewood, California
- 1986-1987: Physical Therapist, Flower Memorial Hospital, Sylvania, Ohio
- 1985-1986: Physical Therapist, Medical College of Ohio, Toledo, Ohio
- 1985: BS, Physical Therapy, Bowling Green State University, Bowling Green, Ohio
- 1993: MD, Medical College of Ohio, Toledo, Ohio
- 1993-1994: Internship, Harbor-UCLA Medical Center, Torrance, California
- 1994-1998: Residency, Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Missouri Kansas City, Kansas City, Missouri
- 1998-1999: Fellowship, Hand Surgery, Roosevelt Hospital, Columbia College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, NY
- Lattanza L, Hattwick E: Extensor Tendon Repair and Reconstruction. In: Core Knowledge in Orthopaedics: Hand, Elbow, and Shoulder. Elsevier Science, 2004. In press.
- Lattanza L, Choi P. Intra-Articular Injuries of the Metacarpophalangral and Carpometacarpal Joints. In: Hand Surgery. Elsevier Science. 2003 In press.
- Tay B, Colman W, Berven S, Fontes R, Gunther S, Holmes W, Kim H, Lattanza L, Diao E, Hu S, Bradford D: Orthopedics. In: Current Surgical Diagnosis & Treatment 11th Edition, Way and Doherty (eds.), pp. 1116-1229. Lange Medical Books/McGraw Hill, 2003.
- Green H, Lattanza L. Extensor Tendon Repair and Reconstruction. In: Hand Surgery, Updated 3rd Edition, pp. 261-270. American Society for Surgery of the Hand, 2003.
- Lattanza, LL, Glickel, SZ, Volar PIP: Master Cases in Hand Surgery, Joint Dislocations.
- Lattanza L. Intra-Articular Injuries of the Metacarpophalangeal and Carpometacarpal Joints. Hand Surgery. Berger & Weis
- BSSH/ASSH Spring Combined Meeting, University of Cambridge, England, April, 2003PRESENTATION: In-vivo Flexor Tendon Forces Generated During Rehabilitation Exercises PRESENTATION: Radiocarpal MR arthrography of the wrist: Capabilities and Pitfalls
- The 5th International Symposium on Congenital Differences of the Upper Limb, Kyoto, Japan, May, 2000PRESENTATION: Unilateral Mitten Hand: A Variant of Symbrachydactyly
- American Society for Surgery of the Hand, Annual Meeting, New York, New York, September 2004PRESENTATION: In-vivo Flexor Tendon Forces Generated During Rehabilitation Exercises
- Western Orthopaedic Association, Bodega Bay, California, April, 2004PRESENTATION: Biceps and Triceps Tendon Ruptures About the Elbow
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, ASSH Specialty Day, San Francisco, CA, March, 2004PRESENTATION: Heterotropic Ossification and Contracture Release - What's New: IP Arthroplasty/ External Fixation
- American College of Sports Medicine, San Francisco, CA, May, 2003PRESENTATION: Examination of the Elbow, Wrist and Hand DISCUSSION: Elbow Problems
Grants and Awards
- 2002, National Registry, Who's Who, Library of Congress
- University of Missouri 1996, 1st Place, Resident Scientific Paper, 85th Annual Meeting, Clinical Orthopaedic Society 1996, Dr Rex and Lillian Diveley Research Grant Award 1996, Missouri State Orthopaedic Association, 1st Place, Resident Scientific Presentation
- Medical College of Ohio 1992, Alpha Omega Alpha 1993, Mead Johnson-Student Service Award 1993, Oxford's Who's Who in America 1991, BGSU Accomplished Graduate Honor 1990, Alumni of the Year, School of Allied Health
- Bowling Green State University, 1985 Graduated Magna Cum Laude Alpha Lambda Delta, Phi Kappa Phi, Mortar Board Honor Societies, Academic Achievement Award, Allied Health Scholarship, University Achievement Scholarship, Mortar Board Scholarship, MCO Scholarship
Membership & Committees
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (Fellow)
- American Society for Surgery of the Hand
- Bay Area Hand Society
- Committee on Instructional Course Lectures, 2004 & 2001 Meetings, AAOS
- Government Affairs Committee, ASSH
- Inman-Abbott Orthopaedic Society