Our Global Knowledge Exchange program sends orthopaedic trainees abroad through our IGOT Ambassadors program and brings orthopaedic surgeons from our partner institutions to the United States for further training through our IGOT Scholars program.
The goal of our Global Knowledge Exchange program is a two-way flow of knowledge between IGOT members and our partner institutions. We offer a number of ongoing initiatives to achieve this goal:
- IGOT facilitates the travel of its resident surgical staff members to partner institutions to help build the clinical and research capacity of orthopaedic and trauma surgeons and staff on an ongoing basis.
- IGOT facilitates the travel of medical students, residents and fellows to partner institutions to foster a commitment to global health in the orthopaedic training community.
- IGOT hosts courses and events throughout the year.
- IGOT invites members of its partner institution to participate in these courses and events, as well as observerships at UCSF.
- IGOT is currently in the process of developing an online research toolkit to facilitate research efforts in developing countries.