Find an Expert
- Arthroplasty/Joint Replacement
- Basic Research
- Foot & Ankle
- Intervertebral Disc
- Minimally Invasive Surgery
- Orthotics & Prosthetics
- Skeletal Health
- Sports Medicine
- Stem Cells
- Surgical Navigation/Robotics
- Trauma & Problem Fractures
Nicole Strauss MD
Assistant Clinical Professor
Career2010 - Present, Assistant Clinical Professor
- 1999: BA, Williams College, Williamstown, MA
- 2004: MD, Northwestern University, Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, IL
- 2005: Internship, Orthopaedic Surgery, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA
- 2009: Resident, Orthopaedic Surgery, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA
- 2010: Fellowship, Hand and Upper Extremity Surgery, Washington University, St. Louis
- Sen M, Strauss NL, Harvey EJ. Minimally Invasive Plate Osteosynthesis of Distal Radius Fractures Using a Pronator Sparing Approach. Techniques in Hand and Upper Extremity. 2008 Mar;12(1):2-6.
- Strauss NS, James MJ. Tetraplegia: Current literature, research and concepts. Current Orthopaedic Practice, Volume 19, 5: September/October 2008.
- Strauss NS, Goldfarb CA. Surgical Correction of Clinodactyly: Two Straightforward Techniques. Techniques in Hand and Upper Extremity, submitted.
- Strauss NS, Lattanza LL. Open surgical treatment of post-traumatic elbow contracture in children. Techniques in Hand and Upper Extremity, submitted.
- Podium Presentation, 63rd Annual ASSH Meeting/ 26th Annual Adrian E. Flatt Residents and Fellows Conference in Hand Surgery, "Surgical Release of Posttraumatic Elbow Stiffness"
- Podium Presentation, 54th Annual LeRoy C. Abbott Society Scientific Program, "Surgical Release of Posttraumatic Elbow Stiffness"
- Chu T, Ty HM, Orazov B, Strauss NL, O'Reilly OM, Buckley HM, Lattanza LL, "Surgeon Experience Level Affects Mechanics of the Pivot Test for Posterolateral Rotatory Instability of the Elbow." In Submission
Grants and Awards
- 2007, The Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery Resident Journal Club Grant
- 2009, Outstanding Chief Resident Award
- 2009, AFSH-HVO Young Surgeon Travelling Fellow
Membership & Committees
- ASSH, Candidate Member
- Ruth Jackson Orthopaedic Society
- UCSF Inman-Abbott Committee, Resident Representative, 2005-2009
NEWS & EVENTS
Larry Kufel’s surgeon, Dr. Joseph T. Moskal, used the anterior...
Got Arthritis? Are you an active individual with knee pain from...
Now seeing patients at Children's Hospital Oakland and Children's Specialty...