Find an Expert
- Arthroplasty/Joint Replacement
- Basic Research
- Foot & Ankle
- Intervertebral Disc
- Minimally Invasive Surgery
- Orthopaedic Oncology
- Orthotics & Prosthetics
- Skeletal Health
- Sports Medicine
- Stem Cells
- Surgical Navigation/Robotics
- Trauma & Problem Fractures
Michael Coughlin MD
BiographyDr. Coughlin is a Clinical Instructor at the UCSF Foot and Ankle Service. He brings his extensive expertise in both forefoot reconstructive surgery as well as total ankle reconstruction to the service. Dr. Coughlin is an internationally renowned expert in the field of foot and ankle surgery.He is past president of the American Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Society, and also past president of the International Federation of Foot and Ankle Societies. He has been in a practice as an orthopaedic foot and ankle surgeon for more than 30 years, and is head of the Coughlin Foot and Ankle Clinic at St. Alphonsus Hospital, Boise, Idaho. He has published over 150 peer reviewed articles on foot and ankle topics. He is author and co-editor of several texts on foot and ankle surgery, including the two-volume set, Surgery of the Foot and Ankle, 9th Edition.
- 1979-2009: Orthopaedic Surgeon, Private Practice, Saint Alphonsus Regional Medical Center
- 1983-1986: Clinical Instructor, Division of Orthopaedic Surgery and Rehabilitation, Oregon Health Science University
- 1986-1989: Clinical Assistant Professoe, Division of Orthopaedic Surgery and Rehabilitation, Oregon Health Science University
- 1989-1994: Clinical Associate Professor, Division of Orthopaedic Surgery and Rehabilitation, Oregon Health Science University
- 1994-Present: Clinical Professor, Division of Orthopaedic Surgery and Rehabilitation, Oregon Health Science University
- 2013-Present: Clinical Professor, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of California San Francisco
- 1967-1970: BA/BS, Psychology/Biology, University of Oregon
- 1970-1974: MD, University of Oregon Medical School
- 1974-1975: Internship, Surgery, University of California San Francisco
- 1975-1978: Orthopaedic Surgery Resident, University of California San Francisco
- 1978-1978: Roger A. Mann Foot and Ankle Fellowship, Samuel Merritt Hospital
NEWS & EVENTS
We are pleased to announce the Bay Area Global Health...
Our Walnut Creek Sports Medicine Center is featured in this...
Dr. Anthony Luke takes us through our paces and shows...