Find an Expert
- Arthroplasty/Joint Replacement
- Basic Research
- Foot & Ankle
- Intervertebral Disc
- Minimally Invasive Surgery
- Orthopaedic Oncology
- Orthotics & Prosthetics
- Skeletal Health
- Sports Medicine
- Stem Cells
- Surgical Navigation/Robotics
- Trauma & Problem Fractures
Rosanna Wustrack MD
Assistant Professor of Clinical Orthopaedics
BiographyDr. Wustrack received her undergraduate degree from Yale University in New Haven, CT, before completing her M.D. from Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis, MO. She served as an Intern before receiving her residency training in Orthopaedic Surgery from at the University of California San Francisco. Dr. Wustrack completed her Fellowship training in Musculoskeletal Oncology from Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center in New York, NY. Dr. Wustrack’s clinical focus includes surgical diagnosis and treatment of musculoskeletal tumors and fragility fractures. Her research is centered around functional outcomes in oncologic patients, osseointegration and optimizing treatment for metastatic disease. She also is interested in global health and osteoporosis in cancer survivors.
- 2013-Present: Assistant Professor, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of California San Francisco
- 1995-1999: B.A., Biology, Yale University, New Haven, CT
- 2002-2006: M.D., Washington University School of Medicine, St. Louis, MO
- 2006-2007: Intern, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA
- 2007-2012: Resident, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of California San Francisco
- 2012-2013: Fellow, Musculoskeletal Oncology, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, NY, NY
- May 1-2, 2009; Osseointegration Society Meeting, San Francisco, CA, Wustrack, RL, O'Donnell, R: Compressive Osseointegration of Proximal Femoral Endoprostheses for Massive Oncologic Reconstruction. Longer term follow-up results presented at the 2010 OSOS Meeting, Gothenburg, Sweden. September 3, 2010.
- September 3, 2010, Osseointegration Society Meeting, Gothenburg, Sweden. Wustrack, RL, O'Donnell, R: Compressive Osseointegration for Giant Cell Tumor of the Distal Femur.
- Apr 13-17, 2010, International Society for the Study of the Lumbar Spine annual meeting, Auckland, New Zealand. Wustrack RL, Burch S, Mesenbrink P, Seeman E, Bucci-Rechtweg C, Palermo L, Black D: Preexisting, as well as recent, vertebral fractures strongly predict new Vertebral Fractures: results from a large, international RCT in osteoporotic women.
- April 8-9, 2010, Lumbar Spine Research Society annual meeting; Chicago, IL, Wustrack R, Rocha S, Burch S: Pre-operative Activity Levels do not correlate to Self-Reported Scores in Patients with Lumbar Spine Disorders.
- October 1, 2010, Musculoskeletal Tumor Society, Philadelphia. Wustrack RL, O'Donnell R: Compressive Osseointegration of Proximal 12. Femoral Endoprosthesis for Massive Oncologic Reconstruction.
- February 16, 2011, AAOS Annual Meeting, San Diego, CA, Wustrack RL, Napoli N, Seeman E, Bucci-Rechtweg C, Palermo L, Black D: Impact of Zoledronic Acid in Severe Vertebral Fractures: Results from HORIZON-Pivotal Fracture Trial.
- February 16, 2011, AAOS Annual Meeting. San Diego, CA, Wustrack RL, Ramirez G, Burch S: Pre-Operative Activity Levels Do Not Correlate to Self-Reported Scores in Lumbar Spine Disorders.
- May 25, 2011, OREF/ORS Southwest Resident Research Symposium; San Diego, CA, Wustrack RL, Ramirez G, Burch S: Early Change in Activity Levels Following Surgery for Lumbar Spinal Stenosis.
- April 26, 2012, LSRS Annual Meeting; Chicago, IL, Wustrack RL, Ramirez G, Burch S: Change in Physical Activity One Year after Lumbar Decompression with or without Fusion.
- April 26, 2012, LSRS Annual Meeting. Chicago, IL, Wustrack RL, Ramirez G, Burch S: Pre-Operative Activity Levels Do Not Correlate to Self-Reported Scores in Lumbar Spine Disorders.
Grants and Awards
- 2002 Distinguished Student Merit Scholarship, Washington University School of Medicine.
- 2004 Class of 2002 Award, Washington University School of Medicine
- 2008 Mauer Award for Best Junior Resident, UCSF Department Orthopedic Surgery
- 2010 2nd Place Resident Paper Award, 55th Annual LeRoy Abbott Society Scientific Program, UCSF Department Orthopedic Surgery
- 2011 1st Place Clinical Science Resident Research Symposium, 3rd Annual OREF/ORS Southwest Regional Resident Research Symposium
- 2012 Outstanding Resident Paper Award, 3rd Annual Lumbar Spine Research Society Meeting
- 2012 Resident Paper Award, Western Orthopedic Association 76th Annual Meeting
- 2012 Mauer Award for Best Chief Resident, UCSF Department Orthopedic Surgery
Membership & Committees
- 2011-Present: Orthopedic Surgical Osseointegration Society
- 2012-Present: Musculoskeletal Tumor Society
NEWS & EVENTS
We are pleased to announce the Bay Area Global Health...
Our Walnut Creek Sports Medicine Center is featured in this...
Dr. Anthony Luke takes us through our paces and shows...