Find an Expert
- Arthroplasty/Joint Replacement
- Basic Research
- Foot & Ankle
- Intervertebral Disc
- Minimally Invasive Surgery
- Orthopaedic Oncology
- Orthotics & Prosthetics
- Skeletal Health
- Sports Medicine
- Stem Cells
- Surgical Navigation/Robotics
- Trauma & Problem Fractures
Daniel Thuillier MD
Assistant Professor in Residence
- October, 2014: Assistant Professor in Residence, University of California San Francisco, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery
- BS, Biology, Georgetown University, College of Arts and Sciences, Washington DC
- MD, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA
- Residency, Orthopaedic Surgery, University of California San Francisco, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Fellowship, Foot and Ankle Surgery, Harbor View Medical Center, Seattle, WA
- 2010: OREF REsident Clinician Scientist Training Grant
- ISSLS Prize Winner Repeated Disc Injury Causes Persistent Inflammation Jane Ulrich, PhD, Ellen Liebenberg, MS, Daniel Thuillier, MD, Jeffrey Lotz PhD. Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2007 Dec 1;32(25):2812-9.
- Faculty of 1000 Recognized Chondrocyte-intrinsic Smad3 represses Runx2-inducible MMP-13 expression to maintain articular cartilage and prevent osteoarthritis Daniel Thuillier, MD, Carol G. Chen, PhD, Emily N. Chin, Tamara Alliston, PhD Arthritis and Rheumatism 2012 Oct;64(10):3278-89
- Detection of Post-Operative Granulation Tissue with ICG Enhanced Integrated OI/X-Ray Meier R, Boddington S, Krug C, Acosta FL, Thuillier DU, Henning TD, Sutton EJ, Tavri S, Lotz JC, Daldrup-Link HE. J Transl Med. 2008 Nov 27;6:73.
- T1 Imaging Demonstrates Early Changes in the Lateral Patella in Patients With Patellofemoral Pain and Maltracking Daniel Thuillier, MD, Richard B. Souza, PT, PhD, Samuel Wu, BS, Anthony Luke, MD, Xiaojuan Li, PhD, Brian T. Feeley, MD AJSM: Accepted and awaiting publication
- Revision Surgery for Pseudarthrosis: Spondylolisthesis versus Degenerative Disc Disease Daniel Thuillier, MD, Ozgur Dede, MD, Murat Pekmezci, MD, Christopher Ames, MD, Vedat Deviren, MD Spine Journal: Accepted and awaiting publication
- 2011, Poster Presentation, WOA National Meeting T1 Imaging Demonstrates Early Changes in the Lateral Patella in Patients With Patellofemoral Pain and Maltracking Daniel Thuillier, MD, Richard B. Souza, PT, PhD, Anthony Luke, MD, Brian T. Feeley, MD
- 2011, Poster Presentation, ASBMR National Meeting TGF- Dependent Repression of MMP-13 via a Smad3 and Runx2 Dependent Pathway Daniel Thuillier, MD, Carol Chen PhD, Tamara Alliston, PhD
- 2007, Poster Presentation, AAOS National Meeting Spinal Level-dependent Expression of TNF in a Rabbit Model of Intervertebral Disc Degeneration Daniel Thuillier MD, Jeffrey Lotz PhD
- 2007, Poster Presentation, AAOS National Meeting Primary Versus Revision Surgery For Spondylolisthesis Daniel Thuillier MD, Murat Pekmezci MD, Vedat Deviren MD.
Grants and Awards
- 1998: Klein Scholarship • Science and Math Scholarship
- 2002: Biology Department Medal • Georgetown University
- 2002: Phi Beta Kappa, National Honor Society
- 2002: Sigma XI, Scientific Research Society
- 2002: Alpha Sigma Nu, National Jesuit Honor Society
- 2009: Richard C. Maurer, MD Award • Outstanding Junior Resident, UCSF Orthopaedic Surgery
- 2013: Mauer Award • Outstanding Chief Resident, UCSF Orthopaedic Surgery
NEWS & EVENTS
We are pleased to announce the Bay Area Global Health...
Our Walnut Creek Sports Medicine Center is featured in this...
Dr. Anthony Luke takes us through our paces and shows...